Last updated: 1/1/21
Summary of Terms
1. These Terms of Service have the same legal effect as an agreement in writing.
2. We can change these terms at any time, in which such changes take effect after we post notices of the changes.
3. We may change or discontinue any feature on SquirrlIT at any time.
4. You agree to pay us for any purchases and subscriptions ordered by you.
5. We give you a limited right to access and use SquirrlIT.
6. You must comply with these terms and all applicable laws when you use SquirrlIT.
7. You will own the Content (defined below) you post on SquirrlIT. You give us the right to use and re-purpose the Content that you post on SquirrlIT. We own all compilation rights in our site and services.
8. You own or have the right to submit any Content you post on SquirrlIT.
9. We offer SquirrlIT “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind, and we limit our liability to you.
10. You agree that we may send you text messages and MMS messages to your mobile device if you sign up for such features.
11. SquirrlIT at its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account.
12. SquirrlIT reserves the right to refuse service to anyone in its sole and absolute discretion.
The following are terms of a legal agreement between you and SquirrlIT. By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
2. Site Offering
SquirrlIT is a news and information website and online directory which has the following description. A local online directory designed to promote and serve the State of Illinois. Any and all visitors to the SquirrlIT site, despite whether they are registered or not, shall be deemed as “users” of the herein contained Services provided for the purpose of this Terms and Conditions of Use. Once an individual registers for our Services, through the process of creating an account, the user shall then be considered a “member.”
The user and/or member acknowledges and agrees that the Services provided and made available through SquirrlIT and applications, which may include some mobile applications and that those applications may be made available on various social media networking sites and numerous other platforms and downloadable programs, are the sole property of SquirrlIT. At its discretion, SquirrlIT may offer additional website Services and/or products, or update, modify or revise any current content and Services, and this Agreement shall apply to any and all additional Services and/or products and any and all updated, modified or revised Services unless otherwise stipulated. SquirrlIT does hereby reserve the right to cancel and cease offering any of the aforementioned Services and/or products. You, as the end user and/or member, acknowledge, accept and agree that SquirrlIT shall not be held liable for any such updates, modifications, revisions, suspensions or discontinuance of any of our Services and/or products. Your continued use of the Services provided, after such posting of any updates, changes, and/or modifications shall constitute your acceptance of such updates, changes and/or modifications, and as such, frequent review of this Agreement and any and all applicable terms and policies should be made by you to ensure you are aware of all terms and policies currently in effect.
Should you not agree to the updated, revised or modified terms, you must stop using the provided Services forthwith.
To register and become a “member” of SquirrlIT, you must be at least 18 years of age to enter into and form a legally binding contract. In addition, you must be in good standing and not an individual that has been previously barred from receiving SquirrlIT Services under the laws and statutes of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction.
When you register, SquirrlIT may collect information such as your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, mailing address, occupation, industry and personal interests. You can edit your account information at any time. Once you register with SquirrlIT and sign in to our Services, you are no longer anonymous to us. Furthermore, the registering party hereby acknowledges, understands and agrees to:
• furnish factual, correct, current and complete information with regards to yourself as may be requested by the data registration process, and
• maintain and promptly update your registration and profile information in an effort to maintain accuracy and completeness at all times. If anyone knowingly provides any information of a false, untrue, inaccurate or incomplete nature, SquirrlIT will have sufficient grounds and rights to suspend or terminate the member in violation of this aspect of the Agreement, and as such refuse any and all current or future use of SquirrlIT or any portion thereof.
It is SquirrlIT’s priority to ensure the safety and privacy of all its visitors, users and members, especially that of children. Therefore, it is for this reason that the parents of any child under the age of 13 that permit their child or children access to the SquirrlIT website platform Services must create a “family” account, which will certify that the individual creating the “family” account is of 18 years of age and as such, the parent or legal guardian of any child or children registered under the “family” account. As the creator of the “family” account, s/he is thereby granting permission for his/her child or children to access the various Services provided, including, but not limited to, message boards, email, and/or instant messaging. It is the parent’s and/or legal guardian’s responsibility to determine whether any of the Services and/or content provided are age-appropriate for his/her child.
When you set up an account, you are the sole authorized user of your account. You shall be responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your password and for all activities that transpire on or within your account. It is your responsibility for any act or omission of any user(s) that access your account information that, if undertaken by you, would be deemed a violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use. It shall be your responsibility to notify SquirrlIT immediately if you notice any unauthorized access or use of your account or password or any other breach of security. SquirrlIT shall not be held liable for any loss and/or damage arising from any failure to comply with this term and/or condition of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
5. Interstate Communication
Upon registration, you hereby acknowledge that by using SquirrlIT to send electronic communications, which would include, but are not limited to, email, searches, instant messages, uploading of files, photos and/or videos, you will be causing communications to be sent through our computer network. Therefore, through your use, and thus your agreement with this Terms and Conditions of Use, you are acknowledging that the use of this Service shall result in interstate transmissions.
6. Global Usage
Due to the global nature of the internet, through the use of our network you hereby agree to comply with all local rules relating to online conduct and that which is considered acceptable Content. Uploading, posting and/or transferring of software, technology and other technical data may be subject to the export and import laws of the United States and possibly other countries.
Through the use of our network, you thus agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws, statutes and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Regulations (http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html), as well as the sanctions control program of the United States (http://www.treasury.gov/resource- center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx).
Furthermore, you state and pledge that you:
1. are not on the list of prohibited individuals which may be identified on any government export exclusion report (http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforcement/liststocheck.htm) nor a member of any other government which may be part of an export-prohibited country identified in applicable export and import laws and regulations;
2. agree not to transfer any software, technology or any other technical data through the use of our network Services to any export-prohibited country
3. agree not to use our website network Services for any military, nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weaponry end uses that would be a violation of the U.S. export laws
4. agree not to post, transfer nor upload any software, technology or any other technical data which would be in violation of the U.S. or other applicable export and/or import laws.
As a user or member of the SquirrlIT site, you herein acknowledge, understand and agree that all information, text, software, data, photographs, music, video, messages, tags or any other content, whether it is publicly or privately posted and/or transmitted, is the expressed sole responsibility of the individual from whom the content originated. In short, this means that you are solely responsible for any and all content posted, uploaded, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by way of the SquirrlIT Services, and as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. It is expressly understood that by use of our Services, you may be exposed to content including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content posted, and/or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by SquirrlIT.
Furthermore, you herein agree not to make use of SquirrlIT’s Services for the purpose of:
1. uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any content that shall be deemed unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy or which is hateful, and/or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable
2. causing harm to minors in any manner whatsoever
3. impersonating any individual or entity, including, but not limited to, any SquirrlIT websites officials, forum leaders, guides or hosts or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting any affiliation with an individual or entity
4. forging captions, headings or titles or otherwise offering any content that you personally have no right to pursuant to any law nor having any contractual or fiduciary relationship with
5. uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise offering any such content that may infringe upon any patent, copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary or intellectual rights of any other party
6. uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise offering any content that you do not personally have any right to offer pursuant to any law or in accordance with any contractual or fiduciary relationship
7. uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise offering any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional flyers, “junk mail,” “spam,” or any other form of solicitation, except in any such areas that may have been designated for such purpose
8. uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise offering any source that may contain a software virus or other computer code, any files and/or programs which have been designed to interfere, destroy and/or limit the operation of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunication equipment
9. disrupting the normal flow of communication, or otherwise acting in any manner that would negatively affect other users’ ability to participate in any real time interactions
10. interfering with or disrupting any SquirrlIT Services, servers and/or networks that may be connected or related to our website, including, but not limited to, the use of any device software and/or routine to bypass the robot exclusion headers
11. intentionally or unintentionally violating any local, state, federal, national or international law, including, but not limited to, rules, guidelines, and/or regulations decreed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, in addition to any rules of any nation or other securities exchange, that would include without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law
12. providing informational support or resources, concealing and/or disguising the character, location, and or source to any organization delegated by the United States government as a “foreign terrorist organization” in accordance to Section 219 of the Immigration Nationality Act
13. “stalking” or with the intent to otherwise harass another individual; and/or
14. collecting or storing of any personal data relating to any other member or user in connection with the prohibited conduct and/or activities which have been set forth in the aforementioned paragraphs
SquirrlIT herein reserves the right to pre-screen, refuse and/or delete any content currently available through our Services. In addition, we reserve the right to remove and/or delete any such content that would violate the Terms and Conditions of Use or which would otherwise be considered offensive to other visitors, users and/or members.
SquirrlIT herein reserves the right to access, preserve and/or disclose member account information and/or content if it is requested to do so by law or in good faith belief that any such action is deemed reasonably necessary for:
1. compliance with any legal process
2. enforcement of the Terms and Conditions of Use
3. responding to any claim that therein contained content is in violation of the rights of any third party
4. responding to requests for customer service; or
5. protecting the rights, property or the personal safety of SquirrlIT, its visitors, users and members, including the general public
SquirrlIT herein reserves the right to include the use of security components that may permit digital information or material to be protected, and that such use of information and/or material is subject to usage guidelines and regulations established by SquirrlIT or any other content providers supplying content services to SquirrlIT. You are hereby prohibited from making any attempt to override or circumvent any of the embedded usage rules in our Services. Furthermore, unauthorized reproduction, publication, distribution, or exhibition of any information or materials supplied by our Services, despite whether done so in whole or in part, is expressly prohibited.
8. Content Placement
SquirrlIT shall not lay claim to ownership of any content submitted by any visitor, member, or user, nor make such content available for inclusion on our website Services. Therefore, you hereby grant and allow for SquirrlIT the below listed worldwide, royalty-free and non- exclusive licenses, as applicable:
1. The content submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas of SquirrlIT sites, the license provided to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and/or publicly display said Content on our network Services is for the sole purpose of providing and promoting the specific area to which this content was placed and/or made available for viewing. This license shall be available so long as you are a member of SquirrlIT sites and shall terminate at such time when you elect to discontinue your membership.
2. Photos, audio, video and/or graphics submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas of SquirrlIT’s sites, the license provided to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and/or publicly display said Content on our network Services are for the sole purpose of providing and promoting the specific area in which this content was placed and/or made available for viewing. This license shall be available so long as you are a member of SquirrlIT’s sites and shall terminate at such time when you elect to discontinue your membership.
3. For any other content submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas of SquirrlIT’s sites, the continuous, binding and completely sub-licensable license which is meant to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and/or publicly display said content, whether in whole or in part, and the incorporation of any such Content into other works in any arrangement or medium current used or later developed. Those areas which may be deemed “publicly accessible” areas of SquirrlIT’s sites are those such areas of our network properties which are meant to be available to the general public, and which would include message boards and groups that are openly available to both users and members. However, those areas which are not open to the public, and thus available to members only, would include our mail system and instant messaging.
9. Site Contributions
SquirrlIT provides an area for our users and members to contribute feedback to our website. When you submit ideas, documents, suggestions and/or proposals (“Contributions”) to our site, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. your contributions do not contain any type of confidential or proprietary information
2. SquirrlIT shall not be liable or under any obligation to ensure or maintain confidentiality, expressed or implied, related to any Contributions
3. SquirrlIT shall be entitled to make use of and/or disclose any such Contributions in any such manner as they may see fit
4. the contributor’s Contributions shall automatically become the sole property of SquirrlIT
5. SquirrlIT is under no obligation to either compensate or provide any form of reimbursement in any manner or nature
YOU HEREIN EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
1. THE USE OF SQUIRLIT SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE AT THE SOLE RISK BY YOU. OUR SERVICES AND SOFTWARE SHALL BE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND/OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SQUIRRLIT AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. SQUIRRLIT AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO SUCH WARRANTIES THAT (i) SQUIRRLIT SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii)SQUIRRLIT SERVICES OR SOFTWARE SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THAT SUCH RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SQUIRRLIT SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL WHICH MAY BE PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) THAT ANY SUCH ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE CORRECTED.
3. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED BY WAY OF SQUIRRLIT SERVICES OR SOFTWARE SHALL BE ACCESSED BY YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND SOLE RISK, AND AS SUCH YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER AND/OR INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOADING AND/OR DISPLAYING, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT COULD RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.
4. NO ADVICE AND/OR INFORMATION, DESPITE WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SQUIRRLIT OR BY WAY OF OR FROM OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
5. A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF SOME USERS MAY EXPERIENCE SOME DEGREE OF EPILEPTIC SEIZURE WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS THAT MAY BE CONTAINED ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING OUR SERVICES. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE A PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN CONDITION OR UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOM IN USERS WHO HAVE SHOWN NO HISTORY OF ANY PRIOR SEIZURE OR EPILEPSY. SHOULD YOU, ANYONE YOU KNOW OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAVE AN EPILEPTIC CONDITION, PLEASE CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WHILE USING OUR SERVICES: DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION, ANY INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT, OR CONVULSIONS.
11. Reuse of Services
The member or user herein agrees not to replicate, duplicate, copy, trade, sell, resell nor exploit for any commercial reason any part, use of, or access to SquirrlIT site.
12. Usage and Storage
You herein acknowledge that SquirrlIT may set up any such practices and/or limits regarding the use of our Services, without limitation of the maximum number of days that any email, message posting or any other uploaded content shall be retained by SquirrlIT, nor the maximum number of email messages that may be sent and/or received by any member, the maximum volume or size of any email message that may be sent from or may be received by an account on our Service, the maximum disk space allowable that shall be allocated on SquirrlIT’s servers on the member’s behalf, and/or the maximum number of times and/or duration that any member may access our Services in a given period of time.
In addition, you also agree that SquirrlIT has absolutely no responsibility or liability for the removal or failure to maintain storage of any messages and/or other communications or content maintained or transmitted by our Services. You also herein acknowledge that we reserve the right to delete or remove any account that is no longer active for an extended period of time. Furthermore, SquirrlIT shall reserve the right to modify, alter and/or update these general practices and limits at our discretion.
Any messenger service, which may include any web-based versions, shall allow you and the individuals with whom you communicate with the ability to save your conversations in your account located on SquirrlIT’s servers. In this manner, you will be able to access and search your message history from any computer with internet access. You also acknowledge that others have the option to use and save conversations with you in their own personal account on Squirrlit.com. It is your agreement to this Terms and Conditions of Use which establishes your consent to allow SquirrlIT to store any and all communications on its servers.
13. Limitations of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, GOVERNING BOARD, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE, AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS RELATED TO, THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EVEN THOUGH WE MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH POSSIBILITY THAT SAID DAMAGES MAY OCCUR, AND RESULT FROM:
1. THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICE
2. THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES
3. UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR THE ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND/OR DATA
4. STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY ON OUR SERVICE
5. AND ANY OTHER MATTER WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO OUR SERVICE
As a member of SquirrlIT.com, you may cancel or terminate your account, associated email address and/or access to our Services by submitting a cancellation or termination request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member, you agree that Squirrlit may, without any prior written notice, immediately suspend, terminate, discontinue and/or limit your account, any email associated with your account, and access to any of our Services. The cause for such termination, discontinuance, suspension and/or limitation of access shall include, but is not limited to:
1. any breach or violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use or any other incorporated agreement, regulation and/or guideline
2. by way of requests from law enforcement or any other governmental agencies
3. the discontinuance, alteration and/or material modification to our Services, or any part thereof
4. unexpected technical or security issues and/or problems
5. any extended periods of inactivity
6. any engagement by you in any fraudulent or illegal activities; and/or
7. the nonpayment of any associated fees that may be owed by you in connection with your SquirrlIT account Services.
8. Furthermore, you herein agree that any and all terminations, suspensions, discontinuances, and or limitations of access for cause shall be made at our sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any other third party with regards to the termination of your account, associated
9. email address and/or access to any of our Services
The termination of your account with SquirrlIT shall include any and/or all of the following:
1. the removal of any access to all or part of the Services offered within SquirrlIT
2. the deletion of your password and any and all related information, files, and any such content that may be associated with or inside your account, or any part thereof
3. the barring of any further use of all or part of our Services.
Any correspondence or business dealings with, or the participation in any promotions of, advertisers located on or through our Services, which may include the payment and/or delivery of such related goods and/or Services, and any such other term, condition, warranty and/or representation associated with such dealings, are and shall be solely between you and any such advertiser. Moreover, you herein agree that SquirrlIT shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any nature or manner incurred as a direct result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such advertisers on our website.
16. Proprietary Rights
You do hereby acknowledge and agree that SquirrlIT’s Services and any essential software that may be used in connection with our Services (“Software”) shall contain proprietary and confidential material that is protected by applicable intellectual property rights and other laws. Furthermore, you herein acknowledge and agree that any Content which may be contained in any advertisements or information presented by and through our Services or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Therefore, except for that which is expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by SquirrlIT or such applicable licensor, you agree not to alter, modify, lease, rent, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform and/or created any plagiaristic works which are based on SquirrlIT Services (e.g. Content or Software), in whole or part.
SquirrlIT herein has granted you personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive rights and/or license to make use of the object code or our Software on a single computer, as long as you do not, and shall not, allow any third party to duplicate, alter, modify, create or plagiarize work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise make an attempt to locate or discern any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in and/or otherwise transfer any such right in the Software. Furthermore, you do herein agree not to alter or change the Software in any manner, nature or form, and as such, not to use any modified versions of the Software, including and without limitation, for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to our Services. Lastly, you also agree not to access or attempt to access our Services through any means other than through the interface which is provided by SquirrlIT for use in accessing our Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our affiliates, governing board, officers, agents, employees, partners, and suppliers from any liability, loss, claim, demand, and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to (a) your use of the Site; (b) your violation of these Terms; or (c) your posting of Content to the Site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which you will cooperate with us to the fullest possible extent.
Either SquirrlIT or any third parties may provide links to other websites and/or resources. Thus, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and as such, we do not endorse nor are we responsible or liable for any content, products, advertising or any other materials, on or available from such third party sites or resources. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that SquirrlIT shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any such damage or loss which may be a result of, caused or allegedly to be caused by or in connection with the use of or the reliance on any such content, goods or Services made available on or through any such site or resource.
SquirrlIT shall reserve the right at any time it may deem fit, to modify, alter and or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, our service, or any part thereof, with or without prior notice.. In addition, we shall not be held liable to you or to any third party for any such alteration, modification, suspension and/or discontinuance of our Services, or any part thereof.
19. Governing Law
Any claim relating to SquirrlIT website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The content appearing on, SquirrlIT website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SquirrlIT. does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. SquirrlIT. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. SquirrlIT does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
In the event you have a dispute, you agree to release SquirrlIT (and its officers, directors, employees, agents, parent subsidiaries, affiliates, co-branders, partners and any other third parties) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to such dispute.
22. Admonition Related to Financial Matters
Should you intend to create or to join any service, receive or request any such news, messages, alerts or other information from our Services concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, please review the above Sections Warranty Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability again. In addition, for this particular type of information, the phrase “Let the investor beware” is appropriate.
SquirrlIT’s content is provided primarily for informational purposes, and no content that shall be provided or included in our Services is intended for trading or investing purposes. SquirrlIT and our licensors shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted and/or made available by way of our Services, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading and/or investment decisions based on any such information.
23. Exclusion and Limitations
THERE ARE SOME JURISDICTIONS WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
24. Third Party Beneficiaries
You herein acknowledge, understand and agree, unless otherwise expressly provided in this Terms and Conditions of Use, that there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
SquirrlIT may furnish you with notices, including those with regards to any changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use, including but not limited to email, regular mail, MMS or SMS, text messaging, postings on our website Services, or other reasonable means currently known or any which may be herein after developed. Any such notices may not be received if you violate any aspects of the Terms and Conditions of Use by accessing our Services in an unauthorized manner. Your acceptance of this Terms and Conditions of Use constitutes your agreement that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed our Services in an authorized manner.
26. General Information
This Terms and Conditions of Use constitutes the entire agreement between you and SquirrlIT and shall govern the use of our Services, superseding any prior version of this Terms and Conditions of Use between you and us with respect to SquirrlIT Services. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other SquirrlIT Services, affiliate Services, third- party content or third-party software.
CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
It is at the mutual agreement of both you and SquirrlIT with regard to the Terms and Conditions of Use that the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois without
regard to its conflict of law provisions and that any and all claims, causes of action and/or disputes, arising out of or relating to the Terms and Conditions of Use, or the relationship between you and SquirrlIT, shall be filed within the courts having jurisdiction within the County of Will, Illinois or the U.S. District Court located in said state. You and SquirrlIT agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts as previously mentioned and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY OF TERMS
At any time, should SquirrlIT fail to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use, such failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Terms and Conditions of Use is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Use remain in full force and effect.
NO RIGHT OF SURVIVORSHIP NON-TRANSFERABILITY
You acknowledge, understand and agree that your account is non-transferable and any rights to your ID and/or contents within your account shall terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated, and all contents therein permanently deleted.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
You acknowledge, understand and agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action arising out of or related to the use of our Services or the Terms and Conditions of Use must be filed within 1 year(s) after said claim or cause of action arose or shall be forever barred.
You are solely responsible for backing up any Content that you store on any customizable area on SquirrlIT. We are not responsible for the loss of any data or Content you elect to store on SquirrlIT.
Please report any and all violations of this Terms and Conditions of Use to SquirrlIT Mailing Address:
1112 W Boughton Road #106
Bolingbrook, IL. 60440